Articles For Knowledge Sharing
» Tips to Convert PSD to Joomla
Tips to Convert PSD to Joomla
The process of conversion of PSD to Joomla is not simple. It requires a lot of skills and expertise on part of the developer such as PSD to HTML/XHTML and PSD to CSS and seamlessly integrates with the Joomla CMS. Great care should be taken while executing the conversion to make sure that the website attracts visitors as well as the search engines.
The following are the four steps involved in converting PSD to Joomla website.
1. Work in Photoshop: It is the first step in converting PSD to Joomla template. Divide the website into logical parts with rulers and work on the parts that you do not want to duplicate using the CSS such as the images, logo and the buttons. You can add a few visual attractions with gradients and drop shadows. Slice the sections carefully and copy it into the new image files. Never forget to turn off the background.
2. Convert to HTML: Second step is converting the images from PSD to HTML/XHTML. It is also the most important step in the conversion process. You must code the images files using sematic coding techniques because this defines the functionality of the website. Coding also helps in the website being friendly towards the search engines.
3. Styling with CSS: As soon as the HTML coding is over, you can start styling the CSS or the Cascading Style Sheet. You can begin with the style.css file that contains basic setup of the elements. Start customizing from the top of the website starting with the navigation menu and set the text sizes and multi list levels. In order to reduce loading time and for the better performance of your website, you should limit the number of HTTP request and try grouping the scripts
4. Work with Joomla: In this step, you have to create relevant folder and directories to run your website. Make a folder to include all the required files in it and start with the'component.php' file. Once it is completed, you can to install template.zip and install this into your Joomla content management system. It is also known as Joomla integration.
Article Source: Articles For Knowledge Sharing
About the Author
To know more about how to convert PSD to Joomla
, Please visit: Joomladevs.com
- A specialized Joomla web design
Html View | Print View
Total views: 212
Word Count: 355
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 -
Publish/Share this article
To use this article on your site click here to get the HTML code
Remember: The article body, title, author bio and links may not be changed or removed. By publishing this article, you agree to all the terms in our Terms of Service.
Rating: Not yet rated
No comments posted.
More articles in this Category
1: Effective Strategy Of Discovering If You're Being Monitored
2: How You Can Safeguard Everything Within Your Home From Intruders
3: Learn New Ways To Set Up Your Technology Blog
4: Three Ways to Ask For Referals
5: How To Create And Remove Sql Server Password
6: How To Repair A Sprinkler System
7: How To Build A Custom Pc Computer Installing A Hard Drive
8: How To Build A Computer
9: Tutorials - All About Google Sparks
10: How to do SEO yourself.
11: How Does an Alternator Work?
12: Tips to Convert PSD to Joomla
13: How to Transfer Files
14: How To Recover Deleted Files From Your Computer
15: How to Edit Videos from Sony HDR on PC?
16: Tips On How To Care For Roses w
17: How You Can Look After Rose Bushes o
18: The Way To Develop Vibrant Roses i
19: How to Speak Chinese - Tips on Learning to Speak Mandarin Chinese