Articles For Knowledge Sharing
» Gap Year Around The World Travelling: 12 Principles for an Amazing Trip
Gap Year Around The World Travelling: 12 Principles for an Amazing Trip
Gap year travelling can be one of the most fulfilling, life enhancing, and positive things a person does. From Europe to Asia to Africa and South America - an amazing selection of new cultures, experiences, and people await.
In this article, follow the twelve rules from "Around the World in 80 Scams: an Essential Travel Guide" for having a safe and awesome adventure.
1. If an offer looks too good to be true, it probably is - so pass. This applies anywhere, from advertisements in newspapers or online to offers from touts in bus stations.
2. Do not accept food or drink from strangers who you have just met in hotels or on buses or trains. Just smile and decline.
3. Pay careful attention to your surroundings when using an ATM. Guard your PIN carefully, and avoid being distracted while using the machine.
4. Before you set off, do at least a little research to find out whether the destination is notorious for any particular scams. Embassy websites and online travel forums are particularly good sources.
5. Watch taxi drivers like a hawk. Many are honest, but many will cheat you given the slightest chance.
6. Do not carry something valuable when you go out, if you dont need to carry it. Leave it in your hotel or hostel. If necessary, ask the management to put it in the hotel safe.
7. Learn something about the currency you will have to use at your destination. Find out the exchange rate before you go, and try to familiarise yourself with notes and coins as soon as possible.
8. Keep as many of your possessions as possible in sight when you are out and about.
9. Do not always assume that policemen or customs officials are honest, especially in poorer countries. Keep your wits about you.
10. Carry a backup ATM or credit card with you in case you lose your main card.
11. Try not to arrive in foreign cities after dark. Thieves love darkness.
12. Do not buy expensive goods overseas unless you know exactly what you are doing. Counterfeit goods are more common than you think.
Article Source: Articles For Knowledge Sharing
About the Author
Gap Year Book
contains twelve principles for safe Gap Year Travels. This article provide all things to know when you are travelling go around the world
Html View | Print View
Total views: 64
Word Count: 344
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 -
Publish/Share this article
To use this article on your site click here to get the HTML code
Remember: The article body, title, author bio and links may not be changed or removed. By publishing this article, you agree to all the terms in our Terms of Service.
Rating: Not yet rated
No comments posted.
More articles in this Category
1: Why make use of a Berlin chauffuer limousine expert services?
2: Mumbai Car Rental
3: Car Rental At Goa
4: Exhibition Travel Could Save You Money
5: How To Make Sure Your Travel Venture Is Successful
6: The Joys Of Public Transport
7: What You Should Know About Hotels In Hawii
8: Selecting The Right Las Vegas Hotel For You
9: Apartment Hunting in Beautiful Paris
10: Special Apple Vacations Packages
11: Getting yourself ready for coming holidays then think about Holiday cottage accommodations regarding loved ones stay
12: Tourism packages in Banaue, Philippine
13: Enjoying The Sea View From Ft.Lauderdale Yacht Charter
14: How To Locate A Really good All-Inclusive Mexico Vacation
15: Deciding on the Most Suitable Survival Products for Your Demands
16: Where To Find A Wonderful All-Inclusive Mexico Vacation
17: Everything You Have To Know About Camping
18: Free Things To Do On Your Next Vacation
19: Have The Best Camping Trip Ever
20: Things You Can Do To Make Your Next Trip A Success